Just over a year late. But like my parents always said better late than never. So here we go....
On my 40 week appointment at the Dr.'s office my blood pressure was a little high. They were concerned with this so they had me stay a little longer and lay down to retake my blood pressure in a little bit. Well, then came back in the room and it was better. They said all looked good and everything was fine, but that they did not want me to go much longer being pregnant. Since Cayden had no more room to grow and it could end up cause problems later. Therefore, Ryan and I decided to go ahead and be induced later in the week at Northside. The good thing was that my Doctor was going to be there and I knew I was in good hands.
On Wednesday we got a phone call stating that we needed to be at the hospital that night around 6:30ish to check in. We checked in and got in our room. Had such a wonderful (sarcastic) nurse checking us in and filling out paper work. I have never had to answer the same question 3 or 4 times for someone to really get the answer. Good part is her shift was almost over so we would be getting someone new. The next lady who came in was so sweet, but she was only there for the night hours and someone else would be our nurse in the morning. Once I got hooked up to all the monitors they saw that I was having contractions but I was not feeling them yet and I was already 3cm. The Doctor on call did not want to speed up the contractions that night cause he said he really did not want to deliver a baby that night...what a great Doctor he is...glad he is not our Doctor. So they just let me sleep that night to prepare for the long next day.
Thursday, January 21, came quickly it seemed. Our new nurse came in to meet us. She was so cute and personable and just full of energy...we liked that :) When I woke up that morning and I was starting to feel the contractions. They were not coming all that quick but they did hurt. I toughed it out for a while. Wanting to know what it really feels like to have contractions like they did in the old days. Let's just say that hurt a whole lot!! Around 9ish or so I was having a really bad contraction and Ryan felt like he was going to pass out. Um...wait just a minute...what you are about to pass out was running through my head. He laid down and thank goodness my mom was there. Ryan finally got to feeling better and later that morning I had gotten the ever so wonderful Epidural. What a life saver that is. The nurse and Dr came in and decided to bust the water bag. Once this was done it was time for me to sleep. At about 5ish or so it was time to push. Well, let's just say after it was time to push for a while and nothing happening they decided to turn the epidural off. OUCH is all I can say. Cayden was still not coming. He was sunny side up and his head was hitting my pelvic bone. So, after lots of crying and talking the options over we decided the best option at that time was to have a c-section. Thank goodness for Ryan being so strong and such an amazing supporter during all of this.
Once in the OR, Cayden made his arrival at 7:28 pm.
We then went to recovery and finally got to see one another really late in the night. Being a mother is a felling that there are no words to describe. So much love was there in that room.
No comments:
Post a Comment