Thursday, March 3, 2011

First ER visit

Let's start this post off on a positive note. Cayden has learned how to roll over from his back to his tummy. Never once had he figured out how to keep rolling...until this night. Ryan had gone to work and it was about night night time for Cayden. I had laid him on the couch just like every single night.

However, this particular night Cayden decided to see what happens when you keep rolling. So off the couch he rolled onto the hardwoods. I of course drop the bottle and rush over to him. He's not screaming or crying until he sees me and I pick him up. I immediately get ice.

The bump is starting to protrude outwards (which is a good thing) and so I call Ryan, after many calls to my mom , and we take Cayden to the children's ER.

So after spending all night there he had a small fracture in the back of the skull. He is perfectly fine though thank goodness.



 blowing bubbles with Daddy. This is what they give you to entertain your child in the ER





 the bump. it looks worse in the picture than it really did in person.


sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed since he bumped his head, and daddy was working

I should have known better I know. I just was thinking that it was going to be like any other night and him not rolling over off the couch. Lesson learned and my heart still aches from this. We have all said that if he does not get into the ivy league college where all know what happened...just kidding.

We are very blessed that it was not a worse injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment